Wednesday, August 4, 2010

David Bowie & Trent Reznor: The Performance I Never Could Have Seen

Here's a performance that woulda really been something to see. Though I never would have had the chance, as it happened in 1994, and I was only 11 or 12 at the time. At that age I don't think I'd even discovered David Bowie yet. I did, however know about Trent Reznor's Nine Inch Nails, as my brother, Michael, had the Pretty Hate Machine album and, through my 11/12 year old lens, would enjoy tracks like "Head Like a Hole", "Terrible Lie", and "Ringfinger". (I think about that now and can understand why my Mom was bothered and annoyed that Michael would even listen to that album himself, let alone let me listen to it.)

So when David Bowie and Nine Inch Nails hit the stage together during NIN's Downward Spiral tour, I had no idea it was taking place. Now a lotta years have passed and my love of both Bowie and Nails has solidified into a pretty intense amount of love. So it's a real treat to see this footage of these two artists sharing the stage for an impressive performance of the NIN staple "Hurt".


*Thanks to Aaron for sending me the video link.

No comments: