Saturday, September 25, 2010

What you wish your research was

I'll bet all you college kids out there wish your research was as cool as mine. Well, keep wishing, because real fun topics like this don't come to just anyone. Last week my African-American Literature class finished reading Richard Wright's impressive novel, Native Son. How Wright used movies, newspapers, and spectatorship was interesting to me and I decided it would be a good paper topic. This led me to this book:

Take special note of how smiley those people are; they're just out having a real good time, I guess. Oh, and then there's this one:

This is the book for the "Without Sanctuary" photo exhibit that made some waves a few years back. This book leaves quite an impression.

America, sometimes you really treat your people like crap.

4 comments:

mateicho1 said...

Jon this is some really bitter stuff you're looking into. I really do wish my research topic was a quarter as cool as yours. Unfortunately, I'm still trying to figure out what my research topic is for my Writing about Religion class. I suck at researching.

Jon said...

Dude, no need for worry about your researching. From what I can tell, you're a real master of clutch research and paper writing, which is a skill I think I lack. I gotta start well in advance, otherwise I'm totally sunk. Judging from your last post, you've got some good excuses for not having a topic yet - do you ever sleep? Also, I'm sure you can find just as cool a topic to research as mine. Try something that incorporates Darby O'Gill and you're set.

Kylie McQ said...

Augh augh auuggghh. But your right, I have no research that's as cool. In fact, I have none research :( Sad semester times.

Jon said...

No research? Well. I guess our theory tests will have to suffice.