Monday, February 21, 2011

Allen's Strikes Again

Scrolling through two rolls of freshly developed film was going well, and for a moment I thought that maybe Allen's Camera hadn't screwed things up (again). Foolish me, I jumped the gun (again).


Notice not only the nice line across the image (a problem with the file, not the negative), but also along the left side where you'll see a sliver of a different image. I know they have monkeys working there, but this just seems ridiculous. Do they get away with this just because they're the only place in town that does anything with film anymore? Both of the issues with this picture could be solved fairly easily by training their high school hipster staff to not only scan images properly, but to also double-check their work before asking for your money and thanks.

This is a ranty post I know, and probably not what anyone wants to read. I guess I just wish that someone would come along and open a camera and film store that actually knew something about film. Or even easier than that, why doesn't Allen's just improve the quality of their work and stop pissing on their film customers? If they don't care about film, then just be Inkley's and sell digital cameras and picture frames.

I'm done now; gotta return to Allen's and get them to do it right.

2 comments:

mateicho1 said...

This hence guy seems to really like what Allen's has done with your film. Seriously, repeat offenders suck.

Jon said...

Agreed, Matt. I'm tired of takin one (or two, or three) for Allen's' team. No good.