Monday, February 14, 2011

Night Watch

Tonight Riku was getting really excited about a neighborhood cat who wandered into our yard. He'd scratch the front room window while meowing softly, then rush, bushy-tailed, upstairs to look out Mom's window - this elevated position apparently provides a necessary view of the invader. After confirming from the upstairs window that this other cat is in fact creeping into our yard, Riku would run back down to the front room. Then back upstairs. This continued until Mom went outside and shooed the intruder out of our yard.

Tonight's scene reminded me of this picture, taken last summer. When I shot this, I had Todd Hido's pictures on my mind. My picture isn't remotely as awesome as his stuff, which is fine. I'm still pleased with this picture.

4 comments:

mateicho1 said...

Guard cat.

Jon said...

Yeah, except he's really a big softy.

Kylie McQ said...

Hey, that picture actually reminds me of his stuff too. That's the first thing I thought of when I saw it. But I think yours is prettier because it's less emo and more blue and has a cat and trees.

Jon said...

Oh, well that's nice to know someone caught my reference. And it's certainly true that mine is less emo. I need to work on that - more sterile urban decay, less nature.